Monday, February 22, 2010

Basted!


One of my favorite things about my "studio"
(read - the portion of the basement I fixed up for the kids that they never used and now it's mine)
is using the top of the ping pong table for pin basting my quilts.
The binder clips keep the layers taught & the table even has mid-point lines painted on!

For some reason I really obsessed about the quilting pattern for this quilt,
so I copied an outline of the blocks a few times & tried out various patterns.
The winner is:


It felt a little like writing manuscript notation for music.
Hope I like it on the quilt as much as on the paper!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Deb, you really are moving this one along! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, what a happy discovery your blog is! I love what you do. I'm an experienced quilter, but my skills as a free-motion quilter are developing. So I loved seeing your sketch of your quilting design. Like your blog, mine centers around quilting. But as your home page says, these blogs become about family and nature and life. I too am in the Chicago area - LaGrange. I look forward to seeing many more blog entries from you!

    ReplyDelete