Monday, March 8, 2010

Liberated Amish Love

This quilt (or blocks on the design wall at least)
from Julie at Quiltdivajulie is
my current favorite on the
Liberated Amish Get Together.


In my list of Quilting Goals for 2010 one was to pick one new challenge to stretch my skills, and this is my choice. My love of Amish quilts and all things solid and/or abstract make this a natural inspiration for me, and using the techniques in Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking II will bring a new type of quiltmaking into my life. I'm excited to connect with my first group of online quilt folk on a project. The top is to be completed for the challenge by June -
stay tuned. . . .
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. You'll find that the online quilting groups can be motivating, inspirational, and just plain fun! This is my third (or fourth?) with Tonya ~ new blogs to follow on a regular basis, new voices to listen to and interact with ... it's all good! Will be watching to see what you come up with for the LAGT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, this is gorgeous! I love the boldness of the colors! How's it coming along? I'd love to see it at the June or July quilt guild meeting!

    ReplyDelete